Thursday, October 24

S'mores Cookie Recipe

Holy Moly.  These cookies are good.  Chewy, sweet, decadent marshmallowy : YUM.


I have been jonesing for s'mores for a few months, pinterest is full of s'mores cookies, s'mores cupcakes, s'mores fudge, s'mores s'mores s'mores!  Every time I see a recipe, I am like, I am making that tomorrow.  Then I forget.


Last night I wanted to make some cookies for my husband, so I searched for a new chocolate chip cookie to try.  I found a recipe and in the middle of making them, THIS wonderful cookie came to life.


I give you, delicious wonderful S'MORES cookies.  Easy, peasy, YUM!  Plus, you can make half the batch chocolate chip cookies and the other half s'mores.


Do those 3 cookies touching count as one because they are oozing together??  I say YES.  I love how the marshmallows get scorched in the oven and pull apart stringy and gooey.  These are best enjoyed right out of the oven.  Although they are extra soft the next day from the gooey marshmallows too.


A few bites for breakfast, a few bites for lunch.


Here is the recipe I used.  I found this chocolate chip cookie recipe and just altered it a bit for a slight twist.

INGREDIENTS:
yield: about 30 cookies
{adapted from savorysweetlife recipe}

 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 - 1/2 cup mini marshmallows

1. Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  

2. Add eggs one at a time with vanilla and mix to combine, beat 2 minutes until fluffy again.

3. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix until combined.

4. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows and mix until combined.

5. Bake 11-12 minutes at 360 F or until edges are browned and cookies look done.  They will continue to brown a little while they cool on the cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails