I thought I was done with the whole chocolate chip peanut butter pairing, but then I got to thinking. What about oatmeal? Oats make a chewy cookie with a flavor only oats can bring, and paired with chocolate and peanut butter ... well that sounds good!
I started searching for a recipe, and I found one here on the Brown Eyed Baker blog. Looking at the simple list of ingredients, I decided to give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did!
These cookies were raved about in my house. I ate 5 yesterday and my husband told me, "These are the best cookies I have ever had." WIN.
They are chewy and creamy from the peanut butter, have an awesome flavor from the oats which almost go unnoticed, and are delightfully "chocolaty". These are going in the ol' recipe book, which is saying a lot.
If you have 30 minutes and a sweet tooth, I just solved your problem. Just make sure you share. These are quick to disappear and suddenly you realize you just ate 3 cookies in the blink of an eye. No joke.
These would be great to make with kids or to share with a friend. They are quick and easy & are sure to please. Plus, you probably have most of the ingredients on hand.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS: preheat oven to 350
Yield: 16 cookies
1. Cream butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, & brown sugar.
2. Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
3. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in oats and chocolate chips.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
6. ENJOY! These will last a few days in an airtight container, but you will probably eat them all in a day.